· 1 cup butter, softened
· 2 cups granulated sugar
· 3/4 cup buttermilk
· 3 Tbs EACH Volcano® lime juice AND Volcano® lemon juice (approx. 1/3 cup)
· 5 large eggs- room temp
· 3 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
· 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· green food coloring (optional)
for the glaze
· 2 cups powdered sugar
· 2 tablespoons each Italian Volcano® lime juice AND lemon juice (4 Tbs total)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place rack in lowest position. Grease and flour a bundt pan or 2 loaf pans.
2. In small bowl, combine buttermilk with lemon & lime juices, set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well to fully combine. Combine flour, salt, baking soda and powder in separate bowl, stir to combine. Add flour and buttermilk mixtures to butter mixture, alternating, starting and ending with flour. Do not over mix! Add in food coloring, stir just to combine. Spoon batter into prepared pan(s). Bake for 50-60 minutes, testing with a toothpick for doneness.
4. For glaze, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and lime juice, mix until smooth. Spoon and smooth glaze all over cake turned-out of pan, while still warm for best coverage.